Monday, November 06, 2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questionnaire

The Questionnaire:
Are you allergic to any fibers? None that I know of but I like soft fibers.

What are your favorite colors? Blues, reds, purples, pinks, just about any color except yellow. But I like brights and jewel tones.

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens? No, I have been knitting mittens for awhile.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Either. Even when I knit with a solid color yarn, I normally chose a hand-dyed so that there is still some variation in the color.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? Natural fibers are my preference in most knitting so long as they are not itchy.

Where do you usually knit mittens? Where ever I happen to be but quite often watching a DVD or listening to a podcast.
How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have some small bags that I made for carrying my sock projects around in that are perfect for small projects.
What are your favorite mitten patterns? What ever I am working on. I do not have a particular favorite pattern at the moment.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? In the round.
What new techniques would you like to try? I am always open to trying new ideas.

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? I love Brittany dpns but I try to match my needles to my yarn. But I generally end up on my Brittanys.

What are some of your favorite yarns? I love too m any yarns to pick a favorite. It is easier for me to pick a favorite sock yarn than any one yarn. I like Noro, Rowan, and many more. So long as it isn't itchy I will knit with it. (I will knit with it if it is itchy so long as it softens after washing it.)
What yarn do you totally covet? Anything with cashmere or more quivet. I have just enough quivet to make a small lace scarf but I haven't done anything with it yet. I also like hand spuns.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? None that I can think of right now. But I am sure that I could come up with something if I think about it long enough.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I love Addi turbos and Brittany dpns. I am always willing to try a new type of needle.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Something very eclectic.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I love dark chocolate and I am a huge tea drinker. I also love Swedish fish.
WhatÂ’s your favorite animal? My favorite animals are the sea turtle and Siamese cats. I have a sea turtle tattooed on one hip.
Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? Surprise me!!

If you were a color what color would you be? Blue or red.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? The sea turtle!!!

Do you have a wishlist? Yes, but I use it more as a reminder of books to look for or read.

Anything else youÂ’d like to share with the group today? I passed my mid-term!!!! Now, to start prepping for the final.....

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mia, I found your blog! It is Katrynka (Lee). I am the one interested in the Alice Starmore Little rivers wrap pattern, which I am fairly sure is in the Stillwaters book. katrynka(at)gmail.com

Thanks for reading my post and noticing!!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Congratulations on the midterm!

This whole mitt kit swap looks so fun. I'm sorry to miss out on this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home